What's new in Norwich!
- Public Hearing for proposed Ordinance (A) of Chapter 409 - Property Maintenance 2 (PDF).
- Public Hearing for proposed Local Law (A) to establish Grievance Day (PDF)
- See our new "Weather and Emergency info" page, with current weather information, watches and warnings.
- In May 2019, New York State Electric & Gas Corporation (NYSEG) and Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation (RG&E) requested that the New York State Public Service Commission (Commission) approve proposed increases in their electric and gas rates to take effect in April 2020. NYSEG and RG&E (collectively, the Companies) serve approximately 1,786,000 customers in 46 counties in upstate and western New York.
See this PDF document for more details
- City of Norwich Street Tree Planting:
City of Norwich residents and businesses can request a tree to be planted in their tree lawn or tree pit. Complete details can be found on the Tree Request Form at: https://forms.gle/vRrzrETMtRM2JFdG6. Deadline for the fall planting is September 6, 2019. Planting sites must be at least four feet long by four feet wide and not within 10 feet of street signs or hydrants or 15 feet of an intersection. Property owners must also agree to help water and mulch their new trees. Trees are limited. Trees will be planted by volunteers in the coming weeks and the funds are made possible by the NYSDEC Urban and Community Forestry grant program. If you have questions about the planting program or wish to volunteer, please email email@example.com